– Patrick Farber
As a structured settlement brokerage team, we work with clients and attorneys in California and around the United States creating structured settlements for medical malpractice, personal injury, product liability, workers’ compensation, mass torts and construction defect cases as well as structures for non-physical injury cases and attorney fees –all at no cost to attorneys or their clients.
We understand the special care it takes to create a structured settlement that meets the specific needs of an injured party. With more than 35 years of experience and having placed more than $3 billion in annuity premiums and U.S. Government notes, we provide support and legal advice during all phases of settlement negotiations, court hearings, mediations, arbitrations and settlement conferences.
– Patrick Farber
– Patrick Farber
- Recently, I had the opportunity to work with a couple during the settlement of their lawsuit involving the loss of their young child. Initially, all parties thought the settlement was too small for a structured annuity. Yet, after I met with the couple and discussed their financial needs, it became apparent that an annuity could …Read More »»
- One of the most important decisions we must make as we get older is when to start receiving Social Security payouts. According to research by United Income, a money management firm that provides financial advice to retirees (as reported in a recent Bloomberg article) 4 percent of retirees wait until they turn 70 to [...]Read More »»
- MetLife is now offering non-qualified structured settlements from its U.S.-based Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company (Met Tower Life). These non-qualified structures are for non-physical injury settlements that fall outside the tax-free physical injury claims definition outlined by IRS tax code. These taxable settlements often involve employment litigation, punitive damages, contract disputes and construction defect claims. …Read More »»
- A recent survey shows that Americans can't afford to be out of work for even a short period. This particularly hits home for personal injury victims who suddenly find themselves unable to work (and without a paycheck) for long stretches of time or even permanently.Read More »»
- Reaching a financial settlement in a personal injury case is meant to provide the funds needed for the claimant to live comfortably without money worries. Yet bad investment decisions or careless spending can leave the injured party unable to pay creditors. The urge (or necessity) to spend beyond one’s means is increasing. Data fromRead More »»
- Suffering from a serious accidental injury can be a life-altering experience. Victims are often no longer able to work and provide for their family. That’s why the federal government amended the tax code in 1982 to allow injured individuals (or beneficiaries in wrongful death cases) to receive their settlement funds in guaranteed, tax-free payments through …Read More »»
Structures Resources LInksQuick Intro To Attorney Fee Structures - Pacific Life Video
Helped By Structures - A Video Series
Why Are Settlements Tax Free?
Why Structured Settlements?
Are Structured Settlements Secure?
The Latest Structured Settlement News
View Our Brochure
Structuring Attorney Fees
How Structures Affect College Tuition
Top Attorneys on Structured Settlements
Attorneys On Pat Farber
“For everyone who gets a dollar there are two people that want to take that dollar from them. Structured settlements ensure that our clients are not going to quickly go through their money.”
Keith P. Moore
Bentley & More, LLP