– Patrick Farber
– Patrick Farber
- Over the past 30 years, I’ve placed many annuities for personal injury clients with MetLife. The life insurance company just announced that it’s rolling out an annuity product specifically designed for property sales. This new MetLife annuity product enables individuals to sell personal, business or other property and receive the sales proceeds in periodic payments. …Read More »»
- Recently, I had the opportunity to work with a couple during the settlement of their lawsuit involving the loss of their young child. Initially, all parties thought the settlement was too small for a structured annuity. Yet, after I met with the couple and discussed their financial needs, it became apparent that an annuity could …Read More »»
- One of the most important decisions we must make as we get older is when to start receiving Social Security payouts. According to research by United Income, a money management firm that provides financial advice to retirees (as reported in a recent Bloomberg article) 4 percent of retirees wait until they turn 70 to [...]Read More »»
- MetLife is now offering non-qualified structured settlements from its U.S.-based Metropolitan Tower Life Insurance Company (Met Tower Life). These non-qualified structures are for non-physical injury settlements that fall outside the tax-free physical injury claims definition outlined by IRS tax code. These taxable settlements often involve employment litigation, punitive damages, contract disputes and construction defect claims. …Read More »»
- A recent survey shows that Americans can't afford to be out of work for even a short period. This particularly hits home for personal injury victims who suddenly find themselves unable to work (and without a paycheck) for long stretches of time or even permanently.Read More »»
- Reaching a financial settlement in a personal injury case is meant to provide the funds needed for the claimant to live comfortably without money worries. Yet bad investment decisions or careless spending can leave the injured party unable to pay creditors. The urge (or necessity) to spend beyond one’s means is increasing. Data fromRead More »»
Structures Resources LInksQuick Intro To Attorney Fee Structures - Pacific Life Video
Helped By Structures - A Video Series
Why Are Settlements Tax Free?
Why Structured Settlements?
Are Structured Settlements Secure?
The Latest Structured Settlement News
View Our Brochure
Structuring Attorney Fees
How Structures Affect College Tuition
Top Attorneys on Structured Settlements
Attorneys On Pat Farber
“Structuring a settlement for an injured client shows that you’ve taken the utmost care to create the best possible financial future for that client and his or her family.”
Douglas W. Schroeder
Immediate Past President
Orange County Trial Lawyers Association