– Patrick Farber
As a structured settlement brokerage team, we work with clients and attorneys in California and around the United States creating structured settlements for medical malpractice, personal injury, product liability, workers’ compensation, mass torts and construction defect cases as well as structures for non-physical injury cases and attorney fees –all at no cost to attorneys or their clients.
We understand the special care it takes to create a structured settlement that meets the specific needs of an injured party. With more than 35 years of experience and having placed more than $3 billion in annuity premiums and U.S. Government notes, we provide support and legal advice during all phases of settlement negotiations, court hearings, mediations, arbitrations and settlement conferences.
– Patrick Farber
– Patrick Farber
- Suffering from a serious accidental injury can be a life-altering experience. Victims are often no longer able to work and provide for their family. That’s why the federal government amended the tax code in 1982 to allow injured individuals (or beneficiaries in wrongful death cases) to receive their settlement funds in guaranteed, tax-free payments through …Read More »»
- Once a case settles in your client’s favor, how can you be sure that the structured settlement payments will be distributed properly? That’s the job of the structured settlement broker. Brokers are responsible for payment set-up and coordination. As the attorney for the plaintiff, you have a right to use your own broker [...]Read More »»
- When discussing structured settlement annuities with anyone, the question that often comes up is "Are they safe?" That's understandable. The last thing anyone wants to worry about is the long-term reliability and safety of their money.Read More »»
- By Ali Mendiola, February 28, 2019, Appeared in WorkCompCentral.com Every day, accidents, sometimes fatal, occur in the workplace. As a structured settlement broker, I see the aftermath of these incidents and their long-term impact. While settlement funds can’t make someone with a catastrophic injury whole again or bring back a deceased family [...]Read More »»
- Personal injury cases have to be handled differently if an injured party qualifies for Medicare (must be 65 or older, on SSDI for 24 months or more or have end-stage renal failure) or will qualify for Medicare within two years. In these cases, a portion of a settlement must be set aside, separate from other …Read More »»
- In today’s economic climate where the markets seem unable to find their financial footing, it’s good to know that structured annuities offer a safe haven to place personal injury settlement funds. A rundown of benefits: A lifetime structured settlement annuity is much like a pension plan or Social Security benefit (the ultimate annuity)—pay into it …Read More »»
- Special Needs Trusts (SNTs) provide critical financial support to those with life-long severe or catastrophic injuries. A properly created and managed SNT allows money from a personal injury settlement to be set aside for medical care and day-to-day living support without the injured individual losing or being disqualified from receiving government benefits. To be eligible …Read More »»
- Here are the basics of a structured settlement. Please don’t hesitate to call me with any questions. Tax benefits: For injured parties, structured settlements provide a tax-free income stream, possibly for life, without fear of money mismanagement, market fluctuations or unscrupulous con artists waiting to milk them out of their money. Minimum structure: About half …Read More »»
- Recently, I came across a new USC and Center for Financial Services Innovation survey that indicates very few Americans have their finances in order. Most, in fact, are still struggling financially in spite of a healthy economy and low unemployment. The survey showed that only 28 percent of American households feel they are in [...]Read More »»
Structures Resources LInksQuick Intro To Attorney Fee Structures - Pacific Life Video
Helped By Structures - A Video Series
Why Are Settlements Tax Free?
Why Structured Settlements?
Are Structured Settlements Secure?
The Latest Structured Settlement News
View Our Brochure
Structuring Attorney Fees
How Structures Affect College Tuition
Top Attorneys on Structured Settlements
Attorneys On Pat Farber
“Structured settlements offer clients long-term financial security and peace of mind. Pat Farber’s attention to detail, sincerity, dedication to our clients and expertise are unmatched.”
Shernoff Bidart Echeverria LLP